Steps and ingredients:
1. Sieve one cup cake flour with one teaspoon baking soda and one teaspoon baking powder. (We can actually make our own cake flour by combining all purpose flour and corn flour. This saves up the hassle and money to get cake flour on purpose – follow this link to learn how: http://joythebaker.com/2009/09/how-to-make-cake-flour/)
2. Beat two eggs.
3. Mashed the bananas (I used four bananas as it was rather skinny bananas).
4. Add the beaten eggs and mashed bananas into the flour mixture. Mixed it well.
5. Add one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil.
6. Spoon the batter into the lined cupcake moulds until 90% full.
7. In preheat steamer, steam for 15 minutes.
8. Once it’s done, open the lid slightly to release the heat for a few seconds. This is to avoid the cupcakes from shrinking due to change of temperature.
9. After releasing the heat, remove the moulds from the cooking pot or wok immediately and transfer to a cooling rack. Remove cupcakes from the moulds to cool down.
Lined cupcake moulds – I actually placed cupcake sheets onto foil ware.
The cupcakes are naturally sweetened, i.e. banana.
LO enjoyed it!