100g biscuit flour (or plain flour)
100g oats, blended – dry
80g almond, mildly blended
80g chocolate chips, mildly blended
2 tbsp molasses sugar
100g unsalted butter
3 tbsp farm fresh milk
Mix everything with milk the last. Mould them. Under preheated oven of 170 degree celcius, bake for 15 minutes.
* both my 22m2d and her playmate have passed almond, cocoa and chocolate
Actually I don’t know what to cook today and I am lazy (plus many interruptions in between… LOL).
So, I just marinated 8 pieces lean pork with quarter papaya (blended), dash of pepper, egg and 4 tbsp cornflour. I marinated it while it defrosted for 4 hours. I hammered (not sure if this is the right word) it before covering it yet again with cornflour before shallow pan fry it with rice bran oil.
For sauce, I just steamed half white radish for 5 minutes and then blend it. I blend one fresh tomato and mixed with it.
In the remaining oil, I stir fry some leek (chopped), added the blended radish and tomato. I added in some water and add some shredded Coon Extra tasty cheese. Let it boil and done.
Vege will be spinach that will be boiled in yesterday’s leftover mixed beans soup.
No, it isn’t my girl’s birthday! But I was baking and decorating it for the first time yesterday! I am impressed myself, I have succeeded. I think my mission nearly complete – I need to go find more deco stuff for the real birthday is less than 2 months.
It is Cocoa butter cake with cream cheese frosting topped with Rainbow truffles and strawberries.
We didn’t cut the cake yesterday as she slept before hubby returned home. This morning when she saw it she went “wahhh”… LOL! So we did a birthday rehearsal without singing the birthday song. She ate less than a piece – she doesn’t really like too sweet stuff (good training that I gave her for no sugar and salt meals) – because I personally find the frosting is a bit in the” too sweet” side. Just wondering if I can reduce sugar in making the cream cheese frosting – will go Google. At the end, she requested for an apple.
Also, I take this opportunity to thank all mummies who have given me feedback and encouragement when I just started out with zero knowledge on cake baking. I thought I was too ambitious, but I did it in less than 6 months – for my girl, today 22m2d!
Recipe for cake: https://17chipmunks.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/cocoa-butter-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting-topped-with-rainbow-truffles-and-strawberry/
1. She has been napping (and sleeping) earlier than usual.
2. She is learning more words – which include wait, cheese, duck, ant, apple, orange, no etc.
3. She doesn’t just cry at night when she wants to nurse but say out “nen”.
4. Her tantrums now include stomping her feet.
5. She has better appetite, more spoon feeding her and requires longer mealtime.
6. She will say that her feet is pain and need to be massaged when she wants our attention.
7. Occasionally, she enjoys removing her pants & diaper.
8. She will ask for her tooth brush when showering but ain’t brushing.
9. She knows which toy doesn’t belong to her and will return it when she’s done. – in the pool, when abang borrowed her a tennis ball, she returned it when I asked her to do so.
10. She remembers routine very well.
Overall, she has been an obedient girl this week especially when papa has not returned from work or going out with mummy (not fussing around on the car seat).
Last year, I handed my resignation letter on 1 Nov (which will be tomorrow). I have no regrets from doing so – as I could witness every milestone – good/bad/frustrating. I remember my ex-boss told me not to be such a perfectionist (on motherhood) when asking me to rethink my decision – but, I am still is.. LOL!
Brekkie for my 22m1d – cheesy pancake
Simple as ABC – one egg + 3 tbsp self raising flour + 2 tbsp pura fresh milk + 2 tbsp shredded Coon Extra tasty cheese
Mix until smooth using hand and dry pan fry.
Udon soup for my 22m1d’s lunch
1 bowl of remainder soup
1/2 packet udon (I used Megah mee brand), boiled
1 quail egg
Small piece of leek, chopped
1 tbsp minced pork marinated in orange juice
Steps: Stir leek in hot olive oil until fragrant. Add in marinated pork and stir. Break the quail egg into the other ingredients. Stir and add udon plus soup. Let it come to boil.
Video: My 22m1d enjoying the mixed beans soup
I finally agree with my friend that with fresh chicken – just bought from market – there’s no need to marinate it all at for sweetness.
We just had plain boiled chicken and mixed beans soup with fragrant rice for tonight’s dinner.
Today she self fed herself 40% only but happily drank all the soup herself. First time boiling this soup.
Ugly but successful…I think… LOL! – from zero to something. Hmm… Need improvement on creaming and topping the cake… Or maybe go find some minion stuff
For the cake –
4 egg whites + 4 egg yolks
5 tbsp caster sugar
110g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp Pura fresh milk
- Beat the egg whites using hand mixer by adding sugar bit by bit until it turns fluffy.
- Add one egg yolk and mix. Repeat.
- Add in butter and mix.
- Add in milk and mix.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder; then fold it into the mixture.
- Pour into baking pan and knock the pan.
- Under preheated oven of 170 degree celcius, bake for 40 minutes. (I poked with a stick and it still saw some sticking on the stick – I bake for another 15 minutes under 150 degree celcius)
The cake decided to give us a smile when it came out from the oven.
I toppled it and cool it down.
Then I slice the top part of the cake so that it is even.
My girl was enjoying the top part of the cake with her bear.
For the cream cheese frosting, I prepared while the cake was baking.
½ cup butter
½ cup cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
Just mix everything with a hand mixer until it looks foamy.
My 22m1d girl was helping me with pearl beans just now. I love her focus and seriousness while she was doing it. Besides training here patience and keeping her occupied, it also teaches her finger coordination – which is important for toddlers.
Having said that, she just finished half of the 600g pearl beans that I got from the wet market and took 15 minutes (I guess).