My first successful Swiss roll with choco peanut butter filling – far from perfect and more room for improvement (on rolling, filling and cutting), but I am still happy with it 😆
Recipe adapted from Long Yen and keeping in mind tips from Zac Ng (for this I have to say, don’t simply google but follow well known bakers’ recipe 😂) I did watch YouTube on how to roll, but no time to wait for it to cool down completely
*5 egg yolk
*3.5 tbsp corn oil
*1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*4 tbsp full cream milk
*1 tbsp caster sugar
*3/4 cup sifted cake flour
*5 egg white
*2tbsp caster sugar
1. Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar.
2. Add in oil and vanilla extract, stir to combine.
3. Add in milk, combine well.
4. Sieve in flour. Mix well. Set aside.
5. Beat egg white till the mix starts to foam.
6. Gradually add in sugar (make sure you don’t add all at once, add in gradually). Beat till egg white forms soft peak.
7. Take 1/3 portion of egg white and use spatula to mix with egg yolk mix. Do not over mix. Just gently mix to combine.
8. Fold the balance of egg white mix with egg yolk mix. Combine well.
9. Pour batter into swiss roll pan lined with non-stick parchment paper.
10. Gently knock the swiss roll pan on the kitchen counter a few times to remove air pockets trapped in the batter.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 200degree C for 18min at second lowest rack.
I will try more pro recipe from Zac Ng after improving my basic skills 😁
My pan was 25cm x 30cm – and I was wondering if I should roll at 25cm or 30cm 🙄
Teatime after school is ready